This formula goes with our Cooking with Grandma Gigi video, where Gloria “Gigi” Smith shows her 8-year-old granddaughter Olivia how to make her extraordinary Plantation Casserole.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup hacked onions
- 3/4 cup slashed celery
- 3/4 cup hacked green pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely hacked
- 3 medium, hot chile peppers, cultivated and hacked
- 1/2 pound lean, natural ground meat
- 1 tablespoon spread
- 1 tablespoon entire wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup meat stock
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Ocean salt to taste
- 2 cups hand crafted pureed tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked earthy colored rice
- 3/4 cup coarsely hacked walnuts
- 1 cup finished low-fat cheddar
Tips for Ground Meat
The most effective method to Pick Ground Meat
The potential outcomes with ground meat are apparently unending, however you’ll likely need to give the most consideration to cost and fat substance. Normally, the lower the fat substance, the higher the cost. A less fatty meat; in any matter, may not taste as wet and tasty, so remember that in matter you’re making a feast that is inclined to dryness (like meatloaf or cheeseburgers). Now and again the additional fat can represent the moment of truth a dish.
1. Heat the broiler to 375°F.
2. Heat the oil in a weighty skillet and sauté the onions in it until delicate.
3. Add celery, green pepper, garlic, hot peppers, and ground hamburger. Cook, mixing until meat loses its pink tone.
4. In a little pot, liquefy the spread and mix in the flour and curry powder. Steadily add the stock and drain and heat combination to the point of boiling, blending. Add salt and keep cooking until combination thickens.
5. Add curry sauce, pureed tomatoes, earthy colored rice, walnuts, and half of the cheddar to the vegetable combination. Blend well and season in with salt. Empty combination into an oiled goulash, sprinkle with outstanding cheddar and prepare until the dish is bubbly hot and the cheddar on top has softened, around 25 minutes.